The New Jersey Law Revision Commission will meet on Thursday February 19, 2015 at 4:30 p.m. in the Commission offices on the 7th Floor, 153 Halsey Street, Newark, New Jersey.
1. Uniform Uniform Foreign-Country Money Judgments Recognition Act -- Consideration of a Draft Final Report regarding this Act and recommending enactment of the recently-introduced bill A4163. WORD || PDF
2. Uniform Act on Prevention of and Remedies for Human Trafficking -- Consideration of a Draft Tentative Report proposing modifications to NJ law to more clearly delineate when a business entity could be held liable and to expand New Jersey's Human Trafficking law to expressly include forced sexually explicit performances. WORD || PDF
3. Sales and Use Tax Act -- Consideration of a Draft Tentative Report proposing modifications to address the lack of a definition of the term "bus" in response to the Court's determination in Air Brook Limousine, Inc. v. Director, Division of Taxation, 2012 WL 3166607 (App. Div. 2009, certif. denied, 213 N.J. 568, 65A. 3d 835 (2013). WORD || PDF
4. Civil Unions -- Consideration of a Memorandum proposing modification to the New Jersey civil union dissolution grounds to add irreconcilable differences, reflecting the Court's determination if Groh v. Groh, 2014 WF 7647544 (Ch. Div. 2014). WORD || PDF
5. Unlawful Possession of Weapons -- Consideration of a Memorandum proposing modification to the statutory provision determined to be unconstitutional in State v. Grate, 2015 WL 176343 (N.J.Sup. Ct. Jan 15, 2015). WORD || PDF
6. Uniform Premarital and Marital Agreement Act -- Consideration of a Memorandum recommending that the Act no be enacted in New Jersey in deference to New Jersey’s existing body of law, including 2013 amendments to the relevant statue . WORD || PDF
Please note: Next Commission Meeting tentatively scheduled for March 19, 2015.