The New Jersey Law Revision Commission will meet on Thursday July 21, 2016 at 4:30 p.m. in the Commission offices on the 7th Floor, 153 Halsey Street, Newark, New Jersey.
1. Uniform Common Interest Ownership Act -- Consideration of public comments regarding the Tentative Report on the Uniform Common Interest Ownership Act.Memo - WORD || Memo - PDF
2. Expungement -- Consideration of a Revised Draft Tentative Report proposing changes to N.J.S. 2C:52-4.1(a) in response to the decision of the New Jersey Supreme Court, In re D.J.B, 216 N.J. 433 (2014). WORD || PDF
3. Motorcycle License Plate Display -- Consideration of a Draft Tentative Report regarding motorcycle license plate display pursuant to N.J.S. 39:3-33 in order to clarify proposing a project to modify the statutory language of N.J.S. 39:3-33 to clarify the statue's provisions and provide clearer guidance to traffic enforcement personnel. WORD || PDF
4. Anti-Eviction Act -- Consideration of a Memorandum providing legislative history and background information regarding use of the term "building" in N.J.S. 2A:18-61.1 (/)(3) of the N.J. Anti-Eviction Act, which the N.J. Supreme Court considered in Cashin v. Bello, 223 N.J. 328 (2015). WORD || PDF
5. State v. Rose -- Consideration of a Memorandum seeking authorization to undertate a project to determine whether modification of the aggravated assault statute, N.J.S.A. 2C:11-4(a) in order to more clearly distinguish between aggravated and reckless manslaughter is appropriate. WORD || PDF
6. Magic Petroleum v. Exxon Mobil Corp. -- Consideration of a Memorandum proposing a proect to determine whether modification of the New Jersey Spill Compensation and Control Act (Spill Act) to reflect the determination of the Court in Magic Petroleum is appropriate. WORD || PDF
Please note: Next Commission Meeting tentatively scheduled for September 15, 2016.