The New Jersey Law Revision Commission will meet on Thursday July 16, 2015 at 4:30 p.m. in the Commission offices on the 7th Floor, 153 Halsey Street, Newark, New Jersey.
1. Uniform Protection of Genetic Information in Employment Act -- Consideration of a Draft Final Report recommending incorporation of certain provisions of the Uniform Act in to New Jersey’s existing Genetic Privacy Act. WORD || PDF
2. Expungement -- Consideration of Memorandum proposing a project revising the law pertaining to expungement in response to the determination of the Court in In re D.J.B., 216 N.J. 433 (2014). WORD || PDF
3. Seatbelt use -- Consideration of a Memorandum proposing a project to consider modifying statutory language to address the interplay between N.J.S. 39:3-76.2f (seat belt statute) and N.J.S. 2C:40-18 (public health and safety statute) in response to the Court decision in State v. Lenihan, 219 N.J. 251 (2014). WORD || PDF
4. Nursing Home Responsibilities and Residents’ Rights Act -- Consideration of a Memorandum proposing a project to consider modifying the language of N.J.S. 30:13-4.2 in response to the determination of the Court in Ptasynski v. Atlantic Health Systems, Inc., 440 N.J. Super 24, (App. Div. 2015). WORD || PDF
5. Local Redevelopment and Housing Law -- Consideration of a Memorandum proposing a project to research and clarify the statutory language in response to the Court’s decision in 62-64 Main Street, L.L.C. v. Mayor and Council of City of Hackensack, 221 N.J. 129-36 (2015). WORD || PDF
6. Uniform Common Interest Ownership Act -- Consideration of a Memorandum reflecting the Commission’s tentative determinations so far and containing additional provisions from the 2007 Uniform Act for the Commission’s review. WORD || PDF
7. New Jersey Filial Responsibility Statutes -- Consideration of a Memorandum updating the Commission regarding the actions of other states with respect to their filial responsibility laws. WORD || PDF
Please note: Next Commission Meeting tentatively scheduled for July 16, 2015.