The New Jersey Law Revision Commission will meet on Thursday February 18, 2016 at 10:00 a.m. in the Commission offices on the 7th Floor, 153 Halsey Street, Newark, New Jersey.
1. Uniform Common Interest Ownership Act -- Further Consideration of a Draft Tentative Report containing the first two Articles of the UCIOA with modifications from the Uniform Act to reflect New Jersey law and the determinations made by the Commission to this time. WORD || PDF
2. New Jersey Electronic Legal Material Act -- Consideration of a Revised Draft Tentative Report relating to the Uniform Electronic Legal Materials Act and the authentication, security and preservation of New Jersey's legal materials WORD || PDF
3. Bulk Sale Tax Notification (N.J.S. 54:50-38) -- Consideration of a Draft Tentative Report proposing revisions to N.J.S. 54:50-38 to broden the statutory exemption from the application of the Bulk Sales Act to include more than one individual, trust or estates co-owning a simple house or seasonal rental unit as joint, tenants in common, or in any other real estate tenancy relationship recognized under the laws of New Jersey. WORD || PDF
4. Removal of Residential Tenants - N.J.S. 2A:18-61.1 -- Consideration of a Memorandum proposing modifications to the subjection of New Jersey's Anti-Eviction Act codified at N.J.S 2A:18-61.1 (/)(3), to address the definition of the term "building" in response to the Court's determination in Cashin v. Bello, 223 N.J. 328 (2015). WORD || PDF
5. Uniform Probate Code -- Consideration of a Memorandum updating the Commission on preliminary research regarding the Uniform Probate Code(UPC), and a request for authorization to conduct further research and analysis, and to engage in utreach for comment on this project, with a view to possible recommendation of all or part of the latest version of the UPC for adoption in New Jersey WORD || PDF
Please note: Next Commission Meeting tentatively scheduled for March 17, 2016.