COMMISSION MEETING AGENDA
The New Jersey Law Revision Commission will meet on Thursday May 23, 2013 at 4:30 PM in the Commission offices on the 7th Floor, 153 Halsey Street, Newark, New Jersey.
1. Pejorative Terms Regarding Persons with Physical or Sensory Disabilities -- Consideration of a Draft Tentative Report recommending elimination of pejorative language when referring to persons with physical or sensory disabilities. WORD || PDF
2. Mortgage Recording -- Consideration of a Draft Tentative Report proposing a new, more limited solution to the problems concerning foreclosures and satisfaction of mortgages – the difficulty in establishing the proper party to foreclose or file a satisfaction. Also provided for consideration is a Memorandum explaining the basis for the most recent change to the Report and raising the issue of fraud by persons claiming to be servicers of a mortgage. Memo WORD || Memo PDF || Report WORD || Report PDF
3. Underground Facilities Protection Act -- Consideration of a Draft Tentative Report modifying N.J.S. 48:2-80 subsection d. to reflect the determination of the New Jersey Supreme Court in Jersey Cent. Power & Light Co. v. Melcar Utility Co., 212 N.J. 576 (2013). WORD || PDF
4. Multiple Extended-Term Sentences -- Consideration of a Draft Tentative Report modifying N.J.S. 2C:44-5 subsection b.(1) in response to the determination of the New Jersey Supreme Court in State v. Hudson, 209 N.J. 513 (2012). WORD || PDF
5. Updates regarding current and completed projects – including the Revised Uniform Limited Liability Company Act (A4023 proposes technical corrections to the law) and the potential impact of State v. Rangel – on the Title 2C – Sexual Offenses project recently released as a Revised Tentative Report.